like-minded friends...

...This blog has been created between three like-minded friends who desire to spur one another on to loving Christ more. Join us in our journey! ... Philippians 2:2-11 ...

Friday, May 19, 2006

Book Club

One of the main purposes of this blog is the establishment of our own personal Book Club. Each month we will be reading a "book of the month" together and corresponding with each other regarding it. We have already chosen our books for the next several months. Here are our summer choices:

MAY: "Humility" (2 small books... one by C.J. Mahaney and the other by Andrew Murray)

JUNE: "Life Management for Busy Women" by Elizabeth George

JULY: "Spiritual Disciplines for the Christian Life" by D. Whitney

AUGUST: "Discipline: The Glad Surrender" by Elizabeth Elliot


For anyone interested, we'd love you to read the book of the month along with us and leave comments on what you're learning or thinking about as a result of the books. We'll be posting our own comments here on the blog.
HAPPY READING!

2 Comments:

At 11:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi from Jodi's mom. I just started reading "Humility". I was inmpacted by Andrew Murray's quote in the preface of his book: "It is the soul occupied with God in His wonderful glory as Creator and Redeemer that will truly take the lowest place before Him". How often have I asked God to "make me humble?" How does he change my bent of a self-centered, "me-first" mentality? He does not MAKE "me" humble, rather as I allow Christ to live His life in and out through me, as I yield my life to Him to allow Him to make me be a conveyor of His glory, as the Holy Spirit does His work in me to make me more and more conformed to the image of Christ, the character of HIM who humbled Himself, and "made Himself nothing, taking the very nature of a servant" is lived out thru me.

 
At 7:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jodi,I love this post. I love being overseas with you or in the states with you. I have such fond memories of Budapest and Vienna with you. I love you and Jamie soooo much. You truly are like-minded friends.
-Jenn

 

Post a Comment

<< Home