like-minded friends...

...This blog has been created between three like-minded friends who desire to spur one another on to loving Christ more. Join us in our journey! ... Philippians 2:2-11 ...

Friday, May 26, 2006

Small Thoughts

We are such weak and frail people, and yet I am amazed at how often we try to be so self-sufficient and proud and independent from God in how we live. Actually, I guess I'm not amazed at all because the bottom line is that we are sinners and that is how sinners act. I love Psalm 103 for the fact that it reminds us of our place as small and insignificant and vanishing... it also reminds us of the greatness of God and His incredible mercy to us.
Some of my favorite reminders of that in this chapter are:

The LORD is merciful and gracious,
Slow to anger, and abounding in mercy. (v. 8)

He has not dealt with us according to our sins,
Nor punished us according to our iniquities. (v. 10)

As a father pities his children,
So the LORD pities those who fear Him.
For He knows our frame;
He remembers that we are dust.
As for man, his days are like grass;
As a flower of the field, so he flourishes.
For the wind passes over it, and it is gone,
And its place remembers it no more.
But the mercy of the LORD is from everlasting to everlasting
On those who fear him... (v. 13-17a)

The LORD remembers that we are dirt, and yet He is kind to us. I was thinking when I read this... do I remember that I'm dirt? I think more often, I act like I'm made out of gold. But nope, we're just dust... here for now and soon to go back to the ground. Life is fast. When it comes to the end, the thing that will matter is: Did we know and fear the LORD?

-jodi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home