like-minded friends...

...This blog has been created between three like-minded friends who desire to spur one another on to loving Christ more. Join us in our journey! ... Philippians 2:2-11 ...

Saturday, May 27, 2006

Jenn Posts from Peru!

I'm sorry that I haven't been doing my share of posting or of reading the books for May. Things have been a great deal more busy in Peru than I anticipated but they have been good. I have been thankful that the Lord has been humbling me through various circumstances here. This has caused me to think on how thankful I am to have a God who is unlike any other. I am so glad that I serve a God who is the most God-centered and focused being alive. He deserves all the glory and we don't so it is right that He is focused on His glory and that He in His goodness seeks our good as well. What caused me to think on this is seeing my propensity to want others to praise and glorify me. I want to steal the show. I want everyone else to see how good I am. This is sin and it is ridiculous in light of who God is. It is good to be reminded that I am nothing and to then humbly come before God in prayer and see Him glorify himself by answering my prayer. It is hard to not speak the language here. Last night we were at a Jr. High youth group and I wasn't of much use. I prayed though that one kid there that was not saved would ask a question that night that would spark a conversation and a chance for one of the leaders to share the gospel. God answered that request and Amber a teacher at the school here got to share the gospel and the girl believed. I want to be doing, doing, doing so that others can see but He calls me to simple faithfulness and to trust in Him. My trust, hope, and joy is grounded in the knowledge that God will glorify Himself in every situation.
- Jenn

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home