like-minded friends...

...This blog has been created between three like-minded friends who desire to spur one another on to loving Christ more. Join us in our journey! ... Philippians 2:2-11 ...

Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Another Problem with Fear of Man

I was thinking this morning that one thing that I forego by being afraid of man is good counsel and profitable correction. I am around very wise people and I desire their correction so that I might grow. I think many times they are hesitant to correct me, however, because they know it will crush me and they are sympathetic and gentle. I value their praise and desire their admiration and because of that I'm struck deeply by their correction even though I know that I have areas to improve and want their input. No one wants to devastate someone by correcting them. One who desires correction needs to be humble, teachable, and fear the Lord and not man.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home