like-minded friends...

...This blog has been created between three like-minded friends who desire to spur one another on to loving Christ more. Join us in our journey! ... Philippians 2:2-11 ...

Saturday, October 07, 2006

God as my teacher

Recognizing God as a perfect teacher seems to be a theme in my life. I think this comes from being a part of a family full of teachers. Also, as a person who wants to be a teacher I look for teaching methods and practices in my teachers. I am constantly reminded, as God orchestrates things around me to discipline and teach me, that he is the only teacher with the perfect timing, illustrations, and lessons. He is the only teacher that can bring together every area of your life to get your attention and teach you what He wants.
I recognized this last semester as I examined why I don't read Scripture as often as I should. I found that in my heart I actually thought I wouldn't learn anything by reading it on my own. I relied so much on others to teach me from God's Word instead of relying on God and His Word. When I realized that and started reading more faithfully I saw God orchestrate things so that my planned reading coincided with conversations, problems, and life. I also found that I learned a lot.
I was just reminded of all this as I read I John and I thought I would share a verse here.

I John 2:26-27 "These things I have written to you concerning those who try to deceive you. But the anointing which you have received from Him abides in you, and you do not need that anyone teach you; but as the same anointing teaches you concerning all things, and it is true, and is not a lie, and just as it has taught you, you will abide in Him."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home