like-minded friends...

...This blog has been created between three like-minded friends who desire to spur one another on to loving Christ more. Join us in our journey! ... Philippians 2:2-11 ...

Tuesday, November 21, 2006

God using faithfulness.

Two weeks ago we had a Ladies Bible study on God's promises to those who persevere. It was a great pep talk especially to those of us who are weary at this point of the semester. In that talk, Becky, who grew up on the farm and still spends breaks there, talked about planting and then waiting to see the result. It takes time and God sends the increase. She also pointed out that when you plant a crop sometimes it doesn't produce and it is ruined. If you don't plant at all, however, there is no chance of reaping. She encouraged us to take every opportunity to do good especially to those in the household of faith. She reminded us not to cease doing good because we don't know how God might use it. She exhorted us to not delay in sending that card we have been thinking of sending because we don't know if it will reach that person at just the right time. Be faithful and leave the rest to God.
I have been thinking about this a lot recently because 1.) I have grown weary at times in the last few weeks and I need to remember God's promises and 2.) because I have received a great deal of timely encouragement. Two student life staff members at TMC sent me mail which arrived on the one day my eyes were consistently filled with tears. One of the cards said "laugh" on the front. The sender had no idea what an encouragement that would be to me or that it would arrive on said day but God did and the irony of it did make me laugh. The other one sent me a number of verses related to ministry and encouragement along with some supplies to use to minister to others. It spoke to exactly what I was ready to give up on and it encouraged me to know that others out there were striving for the same things.
I also recieved two books in the mail recently. I was excited to find them on my desk when I returned from Egypt. They are from Donna Morley whose husband is a professor at TMC. She doesn't know me but she visited here last semester and thought that sending her books to the ladies on staff here would be an encouragement to them. She followed through with her idea and we were greatly blessed by it. Right now I am reading one of the books called "A Woman of Significance." I highly recommend it. So far it has spoken a great deal on viewing ourselves rightly and in not seeking to perform for others but to be a humble servant. This came at just the right time as seen in my previous post. She had no idea how timely her kindness would be but God did.
Galatians 6:9 Do not grow weary of well doing for in due season we shall reap if we faint not.

Ephesians 2:10 For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus, unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we may walk in them.
Luke 17:10 So you also when you have done everything you were told to do, should say, "We are unworthy servants, we have only done our duty."

1 Comments:

At 8:01 PM, Blogger Jodi said...

Ah little friend,
Thankyou so much for this post too. The great this is... this is exactly what I needed to hear TODAY if not in these past weeks. You are a dear friend, and the Lord consistently uses you in my life. Thanks for your faithfulness and continued pursuit of the truth. I can tell that the Lord is growing you so much.
Love ya.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home