like-minded friends...

...This blog has been created between three like-minded friends who desire to spur one another on to loving Christ more. Join us in our journey! ... Philippians 2:2-11 ...

Saturday, May 27, 2006

Good Questions

 
I was reminded tonight of the importance of good questions. The question, "How are you doing?", only leads to a very shallow reply. Scripture says that a man of understanding draws the heart out. Knowing how to ask a question is a huge part of that. It is something I want to grow in and that I am working on. Asking questions not only allows you to see someone elses heart but also graciously and effectively helps others to understand their hearts as well. Instead of asking, "How are you doing?", ask "What is one blessing and one difficulty you have had in the last week?" You will get a very different response. It is a very good question that was asked of me tonight. Maybe I will write my response in another post soon, but I will not make any promises but I would ask of you: what has God been teaching you in the last week?, how have you been blessed today?, what is one thing that has been difficult recently? Please let me know.
- Jenn

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home