like-minded friends...

...This blog has been created between three like-minded friends who desire to spur one another on to loving Christ more. Join us in our journey! ... Philippians 2:2-11 ...

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

My new hobby

One of my favorite profs once told my class that he couldn't believe how foolish the girls were that semester for not taking every opportunity to meet with the older, godly women around them. He gave a tip. He told us to make it easy for older women to spend time with us by offering to help them or inviting them out for a meal. I have taken his advice, probably not as fully as I should or would like. I have started a new hobby of washing dishes. It has been great fun because while I wash their dishes they are usually more than willing to talk to you. I used to be afraid I wouldn't do them incorrectly, because some people are very particular, but now I realize they will correct me if they want. Most people aren't too particular because they are happy they don't have to do them. I enjoy doing dishes, and wives and mothers wash so many so frequently, so it is a nice break for them. This would probably be the same for changing their baby's diapers, but washing dishes is a much nicer hobby. Well, I am off to a professor's house for a birthday dinner. Maybe I'll even get a chance tonight to do the dishes.

2 Comments:

At 12:08 PM, Blogger Jodi said...

Good on Ya Jenny! Go Get em!

 
At 4:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hope you don't mind sharing dish washing in the spring =)love ya

 

Post a Comment

<< Home