like-minded friends...

...This blog has been created between three like-minded friends who desire to spur one another on to loving Christ more. Join us in our journey! ... Philippians 2:2-11 ...

Thursday, June 01, 2006

Jodi's Top Ten

Hi Kids... I just thought I'd give you my top news items, since I am still working on my next "serious" blog. =)

#1. Today I read a whole chapter in my World History book on Muslims and the Islam religion... Interesting.
#2. Tonight I had spaghetti and broccoli for dinner.
#3. Today I received my book of the month for June in the mail! Yippee... I will begin reading soon.
#4. Today I did something that I thought I would never do. I went against every fiber in my being and started something that I at one time detested. I signed up for Facebook. Now I have two things that I thought I would never own in my life... a facebook account and my own blog. Yikes. No it's not peer pressure; I think that it will be a good way to keep in touch with people.
#5. Today is the first month of June, and in 2 days some people in another country may be deciding what my next year will consist of.
#6. Two days ago I was with one of you and eating cheetos. Now I'm eating broccoli... Hee hee (that's a good thing.)
#7. Tomorrow night is Friday night, and I will probably do homework... no, I don't hate my life.
#8. Venezuela just made national television as I'm writing this. By the way, did you know that living in Venezuela is more dangerous than living in Iraq? It's true. Living in Washington DC is also more dangerous than living in Iraq.
#9. Today I also got August's book of the month in the mail.
#10. I think that 2 days from now I will post a "real" post. Until then, all my love to you.

5 Comments:

At 5:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the news update. My first IBEX group has been doing these. I still need to do mine but it is good to hear what God is doing in others lives. I'm waiting with anticipation for your next post.
-Jenn

 
At 3:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just wanted to let you know I'm still waiting for that post you said you would do yesterday. I also wanted to let you know that I have been thinking a lot about the fact that it is June and that they will have the IBEX board meeting. I have been praying a lot too. Please let me know what you find out. Love ya.
- Jenn

 
At 9:58 PM, Blogger Jodi said...

Hey jenn... sorry, the post is coming but there have been a few obstacles to overcome. my neck & back have been really sore for some reason so i have been avoiding the computer.... and tonight i just slammed my finger in the car door so right now i'm chicken pecking with one hand.... ha ha. so maybe God wanted me to think about that post some more.... but in the meantime i have thought up a few more things to post.... ha ha. love you!!

 
At 7:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jodi,
Sorry you have been in such pain. I miss you a lot and expect to miss you more as I return to the US and realize that our time at Master's really is done. I hope your finger, back, and neck heal quickly.
Love ya,Jenn

 
At 1:06 PM, Blogger Jodi said...

Jenn, it's actually not all that bad... i am working on the post today, but may need to formulate it a little more. My neck and back are getting much better. i think I slept on it wrong and then everything aggravated it. Sorry I sounded like such a sob story... ha ha.
I miss you too! I enjoy reading all the updates and stuff from Peru. The blog is a fun way to keep in touch too, although i suppose it's funny that everyone can read these comments that we're writing back and forth to each other. =) (not that anyone is really reading this blog).
I am realizing more and more every day that there IS life after Master's. it does take adjustment, but the more days that go by, the more that I'm excited about these next steps in life. Even with this whole Israel thing... last semester I really kind of "clung" to it as a hope and way to stay connected to the Master's life. But now I think that the Lord has prepared my heart for Whatever He wants, and even if it's not that, I'll be excited about the next steps. But no matter what happens, I'll always miss you when we're apart and Lord wiling we'll always keep in touch! i still would love to spend next spring with you! =) Love Jodi

 

Post a Comment

<< Home