like-minded friends...

...This blog has been created between three like-minded friends who desire to spur one another on to loving Christ more. Join us in our journey! ... Philippians 2:2-11 ...

Thursday, August 03, 2006

Unsure of the Future

My plans for traveling to Israel are not as certain as they once were. I might be going later than I originally anticipated, due to a change in the program schedule. I'm not sure if I can change my plane ticket or if I even need to. When I booked my ticket in April the travel agent told me there was one date I could not change. It did not seem like a problem then because I thought the dates were set in stone. I had no idea all that would occur in Israel this summer. This has been a reminder that I need to always be thinking, while making my plans, "if God wills." I make plans but it is God who directs my steps. The following quote has reminded me to trust God in a time of uncertainty. I found it on the bottom of an email telling me of changes in scheduling. Since I have benefited by thinking on it I thought I would share it here with you.

"Accept the things that happen to you as good, knowing that nothing happens apart from God."

3 Comments:

At 4:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

love you friend =)

 
At 4:47 PM, Blogger Jenn said...

I want to keep you all updated as best as I can. Lord willing, I will still be leaving mid August. Thanks for your prayers.

 
At 8:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Jenn,

Thanks for the update...I've been wondering if your plans were affected due to all that is happening in Israel right now. I will continue to pray and expect God to work!

I tried to email you at your master's account, but I'm not sure if you got it. I'd love to hear from you soon!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home