like-minded friends...

...This blog has been created between three like-minded friends who desire to spur one another on to loving Christ more. Join us in our journey! ... Philippians 2:2-11 ...

Wednesday, July 19, 2006

The Brilliance of Book Clubs

I was browsing around the "Girl Talk" web site (one of our links at the right). This site is authored by CJ Mahaney's wife and daughters. (By the way, it's a great site with lots of useful resources... so check it out.) But I found that they "copied" us and that they started a Book Club! Check it out here. Actually, it's dubious that they copied us at all, because they have probably never stepped foot in our site. But it's a good sign that others are doing the same thing... and not just any others, but pastor's wives and godly women who have a site that is probably visited by thousands of people... while we still have approximately 10 who view our site (including ourselves).
So, even though I don't always read my book on time, I am sold on the brilliance of Book Clubs among friends. It's a great way to learn together across the miles and to be a small part of each others' lives. I was reading today in the E. George book, and I am very thankful for it... she is very practical and wise, and I love all her tips. So, press on dear friends, and I will too. Sometimes that involves not
majoring on the minors, as I still continue to learn. If you haven't read that part of E. George's book yet, check it out on page 45.
By the way, "Girl Talk" is reading
Twelve Extraordinary Women as their first book. Maybe we should add it to our list. =)

1 Comments:

At 5:55 PM, Blogger Jenn said...

I do want to read Twelve Extraordinary Women. I noticed that they were reading that too and thought it would be a good one for our list.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home