like-minded friends...

...This blog has been created between three like-minded friends who desire to spur one another on to loving Christ more. Join us in our journey! ... Philippians 2:2-11 ...

Saturday, July 15, 2006

Lessons Learned from Children 2

I like the questions children ask and how many opportunities are presented to teach them about God. You really can teach them while sitting, walking, lying down, or rising, as the Israelites were commanded in Deuteronomy 6. My nephew in the car the other day asked me, “Aunt Jenny, what will Heaven be like?” Another day, he asked me what a human was. This then led to a discussion of how humans differ from other creatures and things and how as humans we are created in God’s image. At the end of the discussion he drew the wrong conclusion that if we were created in God’s image then God was human too. This led to a whole other conversation to correct this wrong idea. At the end of this discussion I was led to proclaim that God was awesome and completely unlike us. After I stated this, Sean, my nephew, declared, “I think we should tell Him that He is awesome.” My nephew sings theology and of God’s love, grace, creative power, and salvation in the bathtub. Although he doesn’t do it in those exact words. I think it is much easier to teach children these things and they accept it more readily than adults. I am reminded of Matthew 18:3 which says that unless you become like little children you will not enter the kingdom of God.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home