like-minded friends...

...This blog has been created between three like-minded friends who desire to spur one another on to loving Christ more. Join us in our journey! ... Philippians 2:2-11 ...

Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Two Months

Can you guys believe that it's been two months since graduation and since we were all together for the last time? I miss you! The time has gone by so fast... summers always seem to fly by.

Just a few thoughts of reflection on things I have learned and observed since we left Master's:
- It's not easy to maintain a correct summer mentality.
- It's not always easy to get my books done on time for the Book Club! In fact I am still working on May and June's!... but catching up!
- I am surprised at times by my own wrongful and selfish responses to some of the people that I love most in the world. I shouldn't be surprised... Sin is evident in all areas, and is sometimes brought out at the strangest (or the most normal) of times.
- It is different to live with people who are one and two generations older than me after living with people all the same age at college. Good, but different. It is also different to go from being Head RA of Sweazy to being the youngest generation in the house. =)
- Sometimes it's harder to get things done when you're not on a busy schedule and under pressure.
- For two months I have been in limbo regarding next year. Today, two months after graduation, I found out for sure what I will be up to next year. The waiting time was a grace of God to me. He gave me these two months to trust Him, to bring me to a place of contentment regardless of the outcome. I am thankful for that. It's good to be able to leave the future in our Creator's hands.
- I am reminded of the continued need to fight to live for what's important and what's true and what is God-honoring. It's easy to be side-tracked. Victory tomorrow is gained by faithfulness today. Too often I forget that.

Well, those are just a few. I am continually thankful for you--my like-minded friends--for how your lives encourage my own.

3 Comments:

At 1:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love all three of you guys so much. What encouragement to see your bright little shining faces:) Jen- thank you for the white plate- I love it! Jen H. is still in Ohio, so she hasn't seen it yet. Jodi and Jen K- are we still doing Europe next summer?

 
At 3:49 PM, Blogger Jenn said...

The time has flown by. It was good to be reminded of many of these things and it was good to remember that I am not the only one thinking about some of these things. Thank you for the encouragement your post brought me.
I am so excited to be able to tour Jerusalem with all of you - Jen, Jonathan, and Jodi. We'll have to wait and see about Europe.

 
At 2:21 PM, Blogger Jenn said...

Lis, You rock our socks too. We are so glad you and the lovely Jennifer Holmes will be returning to Sweazy to carry on the torch. I miss you and am sorry that it won't work out to come visit you this summer. Love you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home