like-minded friends...

...This blog has been created between three like-minded friends who desire to spur one another on to loving Christ more. Join us in our journey! ... Philippians 2:2-11 ...

Monday, July 17, 2006

Ten New Things

1. I am practicing soccer as often as possible. I am resolved to use every opportunity to practice to be better prepared for wherever the Lord may send me. I came to this conclusion after visiting Peru, the recent World Cup , and thinking about how most of the world plays soccer. I am horrible.

2. I just finished reading Jerry Bridges’ Trusting God and am very thankful for that book.

3. I am reading the book How to Speak, How to Listen by Adler. He also wrote How to Read a Book which comes highly recommended by many profs at TMC. I am really enjoying it. Maybe I will post on it later.

4. Maybe, I shouldn’t have included number 2 and 3 since I am very far behind in our book club reading and posting.

5. I finished my last paper of my undergraduate work. It feels good!

6. I leave in less than a week for the Midwest to see my extended family.

7.Count down for Israel: 28 days. I made a chain.

8.I’ll write this here even though it has already been written because I am so excited and have no one else left to tell: JODI’S GOING TO ISRAEL!!!!!!!!!!! I’m jumping for joy right now.

9.I just watched The Passion of Christ. It came out when I was in Israel my first time so I had never seen it. I appreciated thinking on Christ’s suffering and God’s grace to me but there were other things about it that I did not appreciate.

10.The weather in the Bay Area is finally warm. I am enjoying the hot weather and iced coffee.

3 Comments:

At 11:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Jenn K.! I sent you an email awhile back and hadn't heard from you - so, I am not sure if you even got it =( I would love to hear from you whenever you have a few minutes to write or call =)

 
At 9:20 PM, Blogger Jodi said...

Jenny,
You funny bug. I love you, and I highly enjoyed your post.... especially number 8. Ha ha. Thanks for keeping us informed on your life. I really am impressed that you are practicing soccer. I should join you in your endeavor. I appreciated your reasoning behind it as well... one more reason that I am so glad we are friends. I miss you... there is still an itsy bitsy chance that we will come through before you leave... so maybe we'll still get to see each other yet! Keep pressing on... you are an encouragement to me.

 
At 10:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Jenn it's Yessie! You need to come see me before you leave! Call me 209-480-5389!

I love you and miss you dearly!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home